Thursday, May 19, 2016

The bike has a new owner!

It sure has been a while, so long in fact that there is a new owner to this bike, it is this little guy...



I finally put in an offer on the bike and bought it from my wife's uncle, but its not for me its for our son.  Hes currently only 1.5 years old, but im sure he will love it.

I rolled it out of the garage yesterday and washed it, gave it a kick and much to my surprise it fired up!  I will need to clean out the carb and do some fine tuning for sure.  Im going to start slowly fixing it up, I guess I have at least a few years before the new owner can ride it.

Its going to need some new tires and tubes, its missing some heat shields and chain guard that were missing when I got it.  Also I will need to replace the kill switch and brake lever that suffered some damage when my brother in law crashed it.  A few other little things that will need to be taken care of, just glad its mine/my sons now, and I can put some work and a little money into it knowing it will pay off in the future.

He's pretty good with a wrench, in fact he pointed out that dad had the rear shocks mounted upside down...oops!


No comments:

Post a Comment