Saturday, May 21, 2016

Rear Shocks

Safe to say I have jumped head first into this project again, Im happy to work on it again and put my time and effort into it.

Today I took the shocks apart and cleaned them up and painted them.  I did one at a time, just so I could see a before and after picture side by side, haha.  I think it came out pretty nice, hopefully the paint on the coil springs will last.

I used Duplicolor engine enamel - Chevrolet Orange Red DE1607 for the coil and silver
Duplicolor caliper paint for the shock.  The Plastic isolator got flat black generic paint for plastic.


Next I will fix and paint / polish the left side cover, and paint the right side cover and the cylinder head.  Also I need to paint the wheels since they are currently two different colors, this caliper paint seems to be a great match to the original sliver color.

I found a new original chain guard on ebay and ordered it for $25 shipped, cant wait to get that on the bike.  Looks like the original one was broken off.


No comments:

Post a Comment