Sunday, December 23, 2012

Almost Finished

Over the last few days we have been doing some more work to try to finish up the motorcycle before Christmas.

Yesterday Ryan and I took off all the black metal parts (handlebars, rear brake lever, number plate brackets, foot peg / kick stand bracket) and sanded everything and painted it gloss black.

The plastic number plates I ordered from DC Plastics showed up and went right on the bike, it really gives the bike a whole new look, they are awesome.  Its the closest dimension I could find, I think the original plates are actually 1" narrower.  I drilled the holes on all off them, installed the front one with a black zip tie, and the side ones with some stainless steel bolts i picked up at the hardware store.

The seat cover also showed up, and I put it on to see how it would look, but I need to find some extra foam to stuff in there because the cover is very loose.

We also painted the exhaust with some high heat paint, and tried to patch the rear tube.  The tube had a huge gash where the two wheel halves come together and probably pinched it.  While we were at it we painted the rear wheel and the brake hub.

I cleaned up the front and rear sprockets with a brass wire brush, and I soaked the chain in some degreaser, then in some oil and wire brushed it nice and clean.

Another thing I did today was play around with the rear fender.  The rear half of the fender was broken off.  I took it off and flipped it.  I will probably cut and shape the end of it now and see how it looks.

Overall it is looking awesome, but I still need to fix the carb overflowing issue.

If you look closely, you can see the Gatorade bottle catching the overflowing fuel. haha







No comments:

Post a Comment